Behringer ODYSSEY Analog Synthesizer
Behringer ODYSSEY Analog Synthesizer with 37 Full-Size Keys, Dual VCOs, 3-Way Multi-Mode VCFs, 32-Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator, and Klark Teknik FX
- Authentic mono/duo-phonic synthesizer with 2 true analog oscillators for insanely fat sounds
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity functionality
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF, and VCA designs from the ?70s
- 2 voices with sawtooth, square/pulse with pulse-width modulation and sine/square wave LFO
- 3-way VCF modes: 2-pole MKI (4023), 4-pole MKII (4035), and 4-pole MKIII (4075)
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- World-class Klark Teknik FX including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects
- 35 sliders and 25 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- 3 pressure-sensitive buttons for pitch and modulation control provide total hands-on performance
- Powerful pink/white noise generator with sample & hold plus lag processor
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencers
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
An ultra-affordable homage to the legendary ARP* synthesizer of the ’70s and beyond with all the features of the original and then some including dual VCOs; 32-step sequencer with onboard storage; arpeggiator and world-class Klark Teknik FX that boast reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, and multi-effects, the ODYSSEY lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its 37 semi-weighted full-size keys, pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, and VCA designs from the ’70s, the ODYSSEY is sure to become your favorite keyboard.!
True to the Original
Great care has been taken in engineering the ODYSSEY, including the true to the original analog circuitry, legendary VCO, VCF, and VCA designs, all of which combine to make it easy to recreate the classic sound performance.
Big, Fat Tones
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, disco, and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. The ODYSSEY lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
ODYSSEY’s 2 voices are the product of dual analog Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs), which each provide your choice of sawtooth, square/pulse with pulse-width modulation, or sine/square wave LFO for sculpting the perfect sound. This amazing flexibility gives you the tools needed to be your creative best.
The very heart of ODYSSEY’s sound is its highly-flexible Voltage Control Filter (VCF), which includes faders for Frequency; Resonance (0 to self-oscillation); and High Pass Filter (HPF) Cutoff Frequency. A feature missing from the original is a new 3-position switch, which lets you choose the VCF filter you prefer from all 3 iterations of the famous synth: 2-pole MKI (4023); 4-pole MKII (4035); and 4-pole MKIII (4075), plus a Drive switch to add a touch of edge to your sound.
ODYSSEY features two easy-to-use Envelope Generators, AR (Attack and Release) and ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release) with 2 and 4 faders, respectively to help you craft incredible sounds. Switches are provided for ADSR Gate/LFO Repeat, AR Gate/LFO Repeat, or thirdly, Keyboard Repeat/Auto-Repeat – which provides a wide range of performance options.
Onboard Sequencer & Arpeggiator
ODYSSEY’s sequencer allows you to program up to 32 steps of notes and rests and save them as a pattern. You can record, save and recall up to 64 patterns, all of which can be stored in the 8 banks, each holding up to 8 patterns. The onboard Arpeggiator features 8 patterns (you can use just by playing a chord, which the arpeggiator then sequences through your selected pattern. Both the sequencer and arpeggiator in the ODYSSEY are fun, mesmerizing, and totally addictive...
Klark Teknik – The Reverb that Made History
Behringer is proud to incorporate custom-engineered Klark Teknik effects into their products. Featuring a wide range of world-class presets to choose from including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, and multi-effects, Klark Teknik created the 24-bit, studio-grade effects engine for Behringer – to give your performance that truly professional finishing touch.
Controls & Connectivity
For those who want the numbers, ODYSSEY has 35 sliders, 25 switches, and 3 pressure-sensitive buttons, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation. Input and output connections include MIDI In and Out over USB/MIDI DIN; Pedal; Portamento Footswitch; Low and High Outputs; External Audio In; CV In and Out; Gate In and Out, and Phones with a dedication Volume control.
Behringer ODYSSEY Analog Synthesizer
- Product Code: Behringer ODYSSEY Analog Synthesizer
- Availability: In Stock